3 x TRUSTEES
We are currently requesting applications for the role of Trustee, based in London, who will be responsible for guarding the vision and values of PBI. We are looking for three individuals with experience in one of the following fields:
- Fundraising (in particular trusts and foundations, high net worth individuals and corporates)
- Strategy development
- Communications/ public relations
Outline of Role
As a Trustee, you will be required to:
- Set and maintain vision, mission and values
- Develop strategy
- Establish and monitor policies
- Set up employment procedures
- Ensure compliance with governing document
- Ensure accountability
- Ensure compliance with the law
- Maintain proper fiscal oversight
- Select, manage and support the chief executive
- Respect the role of staff
- Maintain effective board performance
- Promote the organisation
(Please see the job description below for full details.)
Skills and experience preferred
- Some experience or knowledge of what the role of a trustee entails
- Some understanding of budgets and financial reports
- Some understanding of personnel issues
- Some knowledge of the legal and financial obligations of a small UK-based NGO
- Some knowledge of PBI and the role of human rights defenders
- Familiarity with and some experience of using consensus decision-making
- Communication skills with an ability to listen and to communicate clearly
To apply for the position please send a copy of your CV to email@example.com.
Applications must be received by 10:00 on Monday 2 October 2017.
Candidates invited for interview will be contacted in October 2017.
Interviews will be arranged for in October/ early November 2017.
Check other PBI entities' websites for job/volunteer opportuntities.