Will you help human rights defenders limit the devastating impacts of this humanitarian crisis?
For human rights defenders and the vulnerable communities they support, COVID-19 represents an unprecedented threat that could bring untold suffering to their communities.
Many of the defenders we work with have pivoted completely to the essential work that will keep their communities alive. They are stepping in to support vulnerable people in ways that their governments can’t (or won’t) – giving access to water, food, sanitation and health services.
“So many families want food, but our hands are tied with our resources we can’t reach everyone… I would like to appreciate those who have contributed towards this to enable us to support these families and also challenging the government to bring its support to the grassroots level”.
- Rachel Mwikale, Coalition for Grassroots Human Rights Defenders -
But they can’t do this on their own.
Our global community must come together for the most marginalised and at-risk. PBI and the human rights defenders we support are at the frontline of the crisis, and we need your help.
The crisis is HERE. We need to act NOW.
- Working with defenders on digital protection strategies
- Building the support systems that will allow us to respond rapidly to the specific risks this outbreak brings on the ground
- Providing hope, solidarity and wellbeing support to those on the frontline
- Exposing human rights violations and breaches of international standards
- Enabling human rights defenders and communities to access sources of humanitarian aid