We are currently requesting applications for the role of Trustee, based in London, who will be responsible for guarding the vision and values of PBI. For one appointment, we are looking for a treasurer and for the second and third appointments, we are looking for someone with experience in the fields of:
- Fundraising (in particular trusts and foundations, individuals and corporates)
- Strategy development
Outline of Role
- As a Trustee you will be required to:
- Set and maintain vision, mission and values
- Develop strategy
- Establish and monitor policies
- Set up employment procedures
- Ensure compliance with governing document
- Ensure accountability
- Ensure compliance with the law
- Maintain proper fiscal oversight
- Select, manage and support the chief executive
- Respect the role of staff
- Maintain effective board performance
- Promote the organisation
Skills and experience preferred:
- Some experience or knowledge of what the role of a trustee entails
- Some understanding about budgets and financial reports
- Some understanding of personnel issues
- Some understanding/experience of fundraising
- Some understanding/experience in the field of communications
- Some knowledge or experience in the field of strategy development
- Some knowledge of the legal and financial obligations of a small UK-based NGO
- Some knowledge of PBI and the role of human rights defenders
- Familiarity and some experience of using consensus decision-making
- Communication skills with an ability to listen and to communicate clearly
How to apply
To apply for the position please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter (maximum 2 pages) outlining why you are interested in working for PBI UK as a trustee and how would you be suitable for the role to email@example.com.
Deadline Extended Applications must be received by 5p.m on the 2nd of July 2018.
Candidates invited for interview will be contacted by the 5th June 2018.
Interviews will be arranged at a later date.