PBI UK is currently recruiting a Finance Officer:
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to Susi Bascon email@example.com by May 15th.
"Being PBI UK's Finance Officer is not a routine finance job. It connects me to some amazing co-workers, volunteers, trustees, patrons, human rights defenders. And it puts me at the heart of an organisation that for 35 years has worked in areas of violent conflict to build peace. I am very proud to say I work for PBI." - Daniel Lakey current Finance Officer
ROLE TITLE: Finance Officer 40% FTE (2 days per week) can be worked flexibly.
SALARY RANGE: £34,069 - £36,054 prorata TEAM: PBI UK REPORTS TO: Director
ROLE PURPOSE: To have sole responsibility for the finance function, reporting to the Director and to the Finance Committee. The role is based in PBI UK’s office at 1b Waterlow Road, Archway, London,
N19 5NJ, with some scope for home working.
• Carry out all bookkeeping
• Carry out monthly controls: bank reconciliation, balance sheet reconciliations, etc.
• Process payments and receipts
• Maintain payroll and all associated activities
• Produce and present quarterly management accounts to Director and Finance Committee
• Attend regular Finance Committee meetings
• Attend regular Management Committee meetings
• Draft annual budget in collaboration with Director, Fundraiser and Finance Committee
• Provide financial information and expertise for funding applications
• Provide financial information and analysis as required for reports to funders, annual report, PBI International Office, and at the request of the Director
• Organise all aspects of the annual audit including the preparation of draft statutory accounts and draft trustees’ report
• Maintain relationships with key external stakeholders: auditors, bankers, insurers
• Make all statutory submissions to Charities Commission, Companies House, and HMRC
KEY SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
• Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel (essential)
• Knowledge of UK Payroll legislation and processes (essential)
• Knowledge and experience of accounting software such as Xero (essential)
• A qualification in accounting such as AAT, ACCA etc. (desirable)
• Experience of annual auditing processes (essential)
• Experience of working in the charity sector (desirable)
• Experience of preparing budgets (essential)
• Able to work cooperatively and productively with other team members and across other PBI entities
• Diligent and well organised with strong attention to detail
• Strong interpersonal, communication and analytic skills
• Able to work flexibly and responsively to meet the needs of the organisation
• An understanding of and an empathy towards PBI’s mission
To apply please send a CV and cover letter to Susi Bascon firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15.