- Events (50) Apply Events filter
- Colombia (49) Apply Colombia filter
- Honduras (38) Apply Honduras filter
- Land and enviromental defenders (33) Apply Land and enviromental defenders filter
- Women Human Rights Defenders (32) Apply Women Human Rights Defenders filter
- Guatemala (29) Apply Guatemala filter
- Mexico (29) Apply Mexico filter
- Justice and Rule of Law (24) Apply Justice and Rule of Law filter
- Lawyers at Risk (22) Apply Lawyers at Risk filter
- Economic and Social Rights (15) Apply Economic and Social Rights filter
- Criminalisation (14) Apply Criminalisation filter
- Indigenous Peoples (14) Apply Indigenous Peoples filter
- Extractives and Energy projects (13) Apply Extractives and Energy projects filter
- Kenya (11) Apply Kenya filter
- LGBTI (9) Apply LGBTI filter
- Capacity Building (4) Apply Capacity Building filter
- Nepal (4) Apply Nepal filter
- Indonesia (1) Apply Indonesia filter
22 April 2020
20 April 2020
16 April 2020Will you help human rights defenders to limit the devastating impacts of this humanitarian crisis?
16 April 2020
1 April 2020As part of our global network of activists, you are not alone.
27 February 2020We are delighted to announce that on February 6th, PBI was awarded the Gernika Peace and Reconciliation Prize 2020 by the Gernika-Lumo Town Council, ‘for the outstanding work of the volunteers and their great commitment to the defence of human rights, peace and justice in the world’.
20 February 2020Women human rights defenders across the world are fighting for positive change in their communities. They share many challenges experienced by their male counterparts but face additional obstacles because they undermine the status quo twice over: through their work in its own right, and through their implicit challenge to accepted norms about the role of women in society.
17 February 2020On 10 February 2020 Patrick Grady MP tabled an early day motion (EDM) in parliament on the critical situation in Colombia for human rights defenders.
17 February 2020Social justice under attack as defenders continue to be criminalised
31 January 2020Peace Brigades International UK director Susi Bascon has produced four films directed by photojournalist and filmmaker Manu Valcarce, to kick-start the latest multi-media project from the organisation: Right to Defend: Portraits of Resilience, Hope and Solidarity.