- Events (50) Apply Events filter
- Colombia (49) Apply Colombia filter
- Honduras (38) Apply Honduras filter
- Land and enviromental defenders (33) Apply Land and enviromental defenders filter
- Women Human Rights Defenders (32) Apply Women Human Rights Defenders filter
- Guatemala (29) Apply Guatemala filter
- Mexico (29) Apply Mexico filter
- Justice and Rule of Law (24) Apply Justice and Rule of Law filter
- Lawyers at Risk (22) Apply Lawyers at Risk filter
- Economic and Social Rights (15) Apply Economic and Social Rights filter
- Indigenous Peoples (14) Apply Indigenous Peoples filter
- Criminalisation (14) Apply Criminalisation filter
- Extractives and Energy projects (13) Apply Extractives and Energy projects filter
- Kenya (11) Apply Kenya filter
- LGBTI (9) Apply LGBTI filter
- Capacity Building (4) Apply Capacity Building filter
- Nepal (4) Apply Nepal filter
- Indonesia (1) Apply Indonesia filter
2 October 2009
18 September 2009
18 September 2009A Guatemalan court has sentenced an ex-paramilitary officer to 150 years in prison for the forced disappearance of civilians in the civil war. (BBC report)
18 September 2009Peace Brigades International (PBI), the Human Rights and Social Justice Research Institute (HRSJ) at London Metropolitan University, the All Party Parliamentary Human Rights Group (PHRG), speakers and delegates from the ‘2009...
18 September 2009The British Ambassador welcomed representatives of Peace Brigades International to the Embassy on 18 June, when they explained their work in Colombia. The Ambassador said: "the British Government supports the efforts of human...
18 September 2009The PBI UK orientation weekend is the first stage in the training/selection process for potential field volunteers.
10 June 2009Daily threats to the lives of Colombian human rights lawyers have prompted the publication of a report, today, by the Law Society of England and Wales. More than 400 Colombian lawyers have been murdered since 1991. No-one has...
10 June 2009Lord Eric Avebury writes in his blog about meeting Alirio Uribe, a lawyer whom PBI accompanies in Colombia.
10 June 2009PBI Guatemala Project: Alert about the extreme vulnerability of democratic institutions and increased risk of threats and attacks against human rights defendersThe political and social instability of Guatemala has grown worse with the murder of Guatemalan lawyer Rodrigo Rosenberg on 10 May and the broadcast the next day of a video in which he accuses high-level government officials of...
10 June 2009