- Nepal (4) Apply Nepal filter
- Women Human Rights Defenders (2) Apply Women Human Rights Defenders filter
- Events (2) Apply Events filter
- Guatemala (2) Apply Guatemala filter
- Mexico (2) Apply Mexico filter
- Honduras (2) Apply Honduras filter
- Justice and Rule of Law (2) Apply Justice and Rule of Law filter
- Economic and Social Rights (1) Apply Economic and Social Rights filter
- Lawyers at Risk (1) Apply Lawyers at Risk filter
- Colombia (1) Apply Colombia filter
- Kenya (1) Apply Kenya filter
- Indonesia (1) Apply Indonesia filter
22 April 2020
26 June 2018"Torture remains unacceptable and unjustified at all times, including during states of emergency, political instability, or even in a war. On this day, let us also pay tribute to all those who stand in solidarity with victims and their families – and reaffirm our commitment to ending this abominable and useless practice." Antonio Guterres, UN Secretary-General Torture violates the inherent dignity of the human being. Its use creates societies based on fear and throttles the transformative potential of civil society.
14 April 2017In April 2017, Dipendra Jha was able to raise the issue of human rights abuses in the Terai region with lawyers, civil society, and government representatives during a visit to London.
10 December 2015External News - 10 December 2014; The Law Society: Human Rights Day Seminar on Freedom of Expression10 December 2014; The Law Society: Human Rights Day Seminar on Freedom of Expression. Speakers include Dina Meza (Honduras) and Mandira Sharma (Nepal)