- Economic and Social Rights (17) Apply Economic and Social Rights filter
- Land and enviromental defenders (10) Apply Land and enviromental defenders filter
- Extractives and Energy projects (7) Apply Extractives and Energy projects filter
- Women Human Rights Defenders (6) Apply Women Human Rights Defenders filter
- Colombia (6) Apply Colombia filter
- Mexico (5) Apply Mexico filter
- Honduras (5) Apply Honduras filter
- Events (4) Apply Events filter
- Lawyers at Risk (4) Apply Lawyers at Risk filter
- Criminalisation (4) Apply Criminalisation filter
22 April 2021This Earth Day, stand in solidarity with local communities and activists on the frontline of the fight for our planet.
10 February 2021Human rights defenders continue to experience attacks, threats and repression during pandemic. The UK government must do more to support and protect them.
22 April 2020
31 January 2020Peace Brigades International UK director Susi Bascon has produced four films directed by photojournalist and filmmaker Manu Valcarce, to kick-start the latest multi-media project from the organisation: Right to Defend: Portraits of Resilience, Hope and Solidarity.
14 November 2019Last Thursday, PBI UK and the Alliance for Lawyers at Risk announced the winners of the second Sir Henry Brooke Awards for Human Rights Defenders.
28 October 2019JOINT PUBLIC STATEMENT24 October 2019
14 November 2018Kenyan social justice activist Naomi Barasa and Colombian human rights lawyer Daniel Prado have won the first annual Sir Henry Brooke Awards for Human Rights Defenders. The awards were presented by Lady Arden DBE, at a packed event at the Supreme Court of the United Kingdom on 13 November 2018. The event was organised by PBI UK and pro bono legal network the Alliance for Lawyers at Risk, and hosted by Lord Carnwath CVO.
13 November 2018"What gives me strength is the struggle that other people carry on - against the companies that dispossess people of their territory. To know that others continue the fight and that I am not alone."
13 June 2018PBI UK and Simmons & Simmons launch toolbox for defenders working on business and human rightsJune 2018 - This week marks the launch of an innovative new resource for defenders working on issues regarding business and human rights. It was produced by law firm Simmons & Simmons in collaboration with PBI UK.
21 March 2018On the 16th of March 2018 members of the EU Parliament sent a letter to the Colombian President Juan Manuel Santos to express serious concern in regard to the recent increase in assassinations and threats against human rights defenders and community leaders in Colombia.